Tuesday, 9 May 2017

Doves Farm gluten free brownie recipe

 This recipe is from the Doves Farm website.  I do adapt it slightly and will add this in where appropriate but Doves Farm made the recipe.



This is my go-to brownie recipe, I love it and I think it makes the best brownies!!  Send me your photos of the brownies, if you ever make them.  Above is my brownies!

Cooking temperatures and timings:
180°C / Fan 160°C / 350°F / Gas 4 
22 / 25 minutes - I usually put it on for slightly less (approx. 18 / 20) and then put a skewer in to see if it comes out clean.  If it does, I leave it in the tin on the side to help it cook a little further but without becoming overcooked.

Ingredients:
150g Chocolate
100g Butter
200g Sugar
100g Plain white flour 
1tsp Baking powder 
3 eggs 

Method:
  1.  Pre-heat the oven
  2. In a separate bowl, melt together the chocolate and the butter.  I do this gradually over a pan of boiling water on the hob to ensure the butter doesn't burn.
  3.  In a separate bowl, sieve the flour and baking powder in.  Then add the sugar.
  4. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.  Add gradually to the mixture and mix.
  5. Add the melted chocolate and butter to the bowl.  I tend to wait until the chocolate is a little cooler as I always fear it may cook the eggs.
  6. You can now add any extras that you may want to experiment with - raspberries maybe?  I add hazelnuts here (100g)
  7. Pour the mixture into your tin and bake
  8. Cut into squares.  I tend to leave it to cool slightly before cutting as it can be slightly gooey so hard to cut. 
If you are more of a video person, Doves Farm has made a YouTube video here.

What is your go-to brownie recipe? I hope you enjoy the recipe if you try it.  See you tomorrow!