Thursday, 11 May 2017

Gluten free cookie recipe

I found this recipe in my mum's 'normal' cookbook and I adapted it to suit me - so I made it gluten free!  Here it is...

Ingredients:
75g butter
75g caster sugar
75g light soft Brown sugar
few drops of vanilla flavouring
1 egg
175g self raising flour
50 to 100g chocolate chip or 0.5tsp ginger (spices for your choice)

Cooking instructions:
180C for 12 / 15 minutes (I normally do 10)
  1.  Pre-heat the oven
  2. Cream the butter in a bowl.  Once creamed, add the sugars and vanilla flavouring until smooth and fluffy.
  3. Add the egg gradually,
  4. Sieve the flour in.  I would recommend you adding this gradually as otherwise it gets messy!
  5. Add the chocolate chips or spices.
  6. Put spoonfulls on your baking tray and bake
  7. Once out of the oven, cool on the tray to further the cooking.
 I hope you enjoy the recipe and try it yourself, don't forget to tag me in your photos!  The below photos shows one time with chocolate chips and the other with ginger, both delicious!



How did your cookies turn out?  See you tomorrow!