Sunday, 27 August 2017

AQUA Carpatica water review

This week, I have been very kindly sent AQUA Carpatica to try and test out.

I can be very fussy with my water as I think many bottled water tastes funny!  Over the years I have presumed this is as a result of the water source running through rocks which give off a funny taste (to me).  I didn't have this problem with AQUA Carpatica water and I think it is because of it having such a low mineral content which is giving it the clean taste with no funny after taste.




I love the bottle shape - it is rectangular!  Something so so simple but it makes it feel so fancy and really expensive.  Some water bottles I think look ugly, but you could never say that about this shape.  It also has 500ml in which is great, sometimes I am finding that bottles are getting smaller, which I am not happy about!  Also, I don't drink alcohol so I take my own water with me and this bottle looks so pretty, I wouldn't be embarrassed to take it out and have a drink at a party.  I'm also finding that sometimes bottles aren't very good quality from other brands and I am unable to reuse them as they go out of shape, this isn't an issue with AQUA Carpatica bottles - I can reuse it over and over again - ideal!

I'm starting to go the gym as well as carrying on with my pilates and dressage.  I often find even after drinking I still feel thirsty.  By AQUA Carpatica having natural electrolytes it is meant to improve hydration and help you feel hydrated for longer.  It also has a naturally alkaline pH (7.8) which helps to assist in digestion and metabolism.  I am always trying to find ways to help with my digestion now I'm coeliac as sometimes I find it is a little slow and sluggish.  Metabolism, is something we all like to be quick!

I am very concerned about the environment ans therefore packaging of the products I buy.  The bottles are 100% recyclable which I love!  I hate buying products that you are unable to recycle, I think it is so pointless.  If we all do our bit for the environment, improvements will be seen.  It is also BPA free - this is a chemical which companies coat their plastics in, research has been done and sometimes it is seen to seem into drinks and food which may have possible health risks associated.  Being as the uncertainty around BPA products, it is always better to be safe than sorry so I do try to avoid.

You can buy the bottles at:
  • Ocado
  • Harrods
  • Whole Food
  • Amazon
  • As Nature Intented
  • As well as over 600 independent stores

I couldn't believe how reasonably priced they are:
  • RRP 0.65p for 500ml Still Natural Mineral Water
  • RRP 0.69p for 500ml Naturally Sparkling Natural Mineral Water
  • RRP £0.79 for 1 litre and £0.99 for 1.5 litre Still Natural Mineral Water
  • RRP £1.09 for 1.5 litre Naturally Sparkling Natural Mineral Water

There are three types of water (left to right): natural sparkling, natural still mineral water, natural sparkling forte.  Still mineral is my fav but there's something to suit everyone!

Have you ever tried them before?  What were your thoughts?  I really loved them!