150g demerara sugar
3 tbsp golden syrup
450g porridge oats (this is the size of the Sainsbury's bag)
100g chocolate (this is the size of the Sainsbury's bar)
200C (gas mark 6) for 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven and prepare your tin
- Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a bowl. I a put a saucepan full of water on the hob and placed the bowl on top and melted this way.
- Once melted, add the oats and mix thoroughly. You need to ensure all the oats are coated in the melted mixture as otherwise they won't stick together.
- Once everything is coated, add the chocolate. I cut mine into small chunks, the size of the chunks is up to you!
- Then, put into your tin and push down ensuring it gets into every corner. I then cut it and pushed down any excess again. These lines will be my guides once it is cooked.
- Place in the oven and wait!
- Once out of the oven, cut the flapjacks properly whilst still warm. This makes it easier to cut.
- Enjoy! And don't forget to tag me in any photos posted!